Better bike parking
There are lots of bike racks around town, but there's not a lot of good bike racks. The Bicycle Committee has been working to fix that.
GRAnts up to $300
Limited funding is available to encourage private businesses and nonprofit institutions to install bike racks. The program will reimburse 50% of the cost of new racks, with a grant of up to $300 for racks and up to $50 for installation costs. Grant applications are accepted year-round on a rolling, first come, first-served basis. Purchase of the racks is to be a private transaction between the business and supplier/installer.
- Racks must be clearly visible from a public way
- The racks must be available for use by the general public
- The racks must be inverted-U or post-and-ring design.
- Identify the location and type of rack you’d like to install. Review the Choosing Bike Racks page for detailed suggestions.
- Fill out and submit the 1-page Bike Rack Grant Application along with a spec sheet on the rack and a sketch of the rack's planned location.
- A committee member will work with you to determine the appropriate type and location of racks that will qualify for the grant program.
- Purchase and install your racks.
- A member of the Bicycle Committee will complete an on-site inspection to verify installation.
- Fill out the Bike Rack Reimbursement form and submit it along with your invoices, confirmation of delivery, and a photo of the installed rack. The committee will need to vote to approve the final reimbursement and submit it to Town Hall.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com